Pennies for Patients 1 More Week!!!
March 22nd -26th
–Wear your clothes backwards and bring pennies
Tuesday-Crazy Hair Day
–See how crazy you can make your hair and bring nickels
Wednesday-Disney Character Day
–Dress as your favorite character and bring your dimes
–Wear your camo (hope we can see you) and bring quarters
Friday-Super Hero Day
–Let’s finish off our fundraiser with a Superhero Day!
Thank you for all the participation! You guys are our superheroes!!
Ms. Deanna, Ms. Amanda & All the people at the Leukemia, Lymphoma Society!!
PRESCHOOL GRADUATION !!!!
Save The Date…Friday May 14th at 10:30 am in the TLF Sanctuary. The Samaritans Preschool class will be GRADUATING!!
Come Check in, Congratulate & help us Celebrate these kids as they get ready to enter a new and exciting chapter of their lives.
<Kindergarten here we come!!>
Graduation Information: A Zoom Invite will be sent to you to join us in our Graduation. If by chance we are able to have small groups by May, we will have parents join us and a zoom invite for the ones that can’t, (parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, grandmas, grandpas, friends, and neighbors).
Note to Samaritans:
All Samaritans that are graduating will finish the summer with Ms. Miriam before starting school. If you are in need for afterschool care, please speak to Ms. Amanda or Ms. Deanna. Kindergarten will start on August 12th and the tuition for preschool will be prorated as well as afterschool care, if attending.
Hey Twin Lakes… Read the Information Below & Help Support Part of Our Family!
The Down Syndrome Association of Central Texas has started its fundraising campaign for the annual 2020 Buddy Walk or this year, block party! My son Nash was born with Down syndrome and this event holds a very special place in our hearts.
DSACT works to provide education, support, and resources to individuals with Down syndrome, their families, professionals, and the community while building public awareness and acceptance of the abilities of individuals with Down syndrome.
If you are interested in showing your support for individuals with Down syndrome and their families you can donate to Team Nash Baby HERE!
The DeCambre Family
CORONA VIRUS UPDATE: 3/2/2021
With the current uplifting of restrictions for COVID there has brought thoughts of concern and or fear.
Please Note: TLCDC has NOT changed any policies or procedures in order to support the continued efforts pertaining to the health and safety of our children, staff, and families. TLCDC will resume using all extra precautions until further notice.
CORONA VIRUS:As we are working diligently to provide a safe, clean, healthy, and loving environment for your children, All Families and Staff MUST sign and return the Family Acknowledgement Form upon re-entry into the facility along with All Mandatory personal supplies to eliminate as much cross contamination as possible for your children. We thank you for your patience as this pandemic has caused concerns and uneasy feelings about the world around us right now. Hang in there and together we will get through this!
TLCDC is aware of and monitoring developments around the outbreak of a respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus. Based on current information, we are following all protocols placed on Licensed Child Care Facilities. TLCDC has new COVID policies that MUST be signed by all families upon return.
Here are some friendly reminders to help stay virus-free this season:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- If soap and water is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue then throw it away, or cough and sneeze into your upper shirt sleeve, completely covering your mouth and nose
- Wash your hands after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces, and objects such as toys and doorknobs
- Stay at home while you are sick.
- Call and inform the office of any confirmed virus diagnosis.
TLCDC follows the Texas Department of Health Guidelines for illness-related exclusions from school. A student will be sent home if they have a fever of 100.0 Fahrenheit or higher, or any other contagious symptoms (vomiting, diarrhea, etc.) and will need to remain home until symptom free for 72 hours, without the use of medications.
We are taking every precaution in order to continue serving our families. In order to stay open we MUST follow the newest guidelines given by HHSC & Governor Greg Abbott.
- All children must have a temperature check at the door before entry.
- No adults other than staff may enter the building.
- Anyone with cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or fever must be excluded.
- Pick up and Drop off children outside the Front Door with a staff member.
- If your child will not be attending, please let us know so we can plan accordingly.
TLCDC will continue to monitor and communicate with the Texas Health Department on any new information. As well as continue to update and work with our custodial services to maintain a clean learning environment for our students and staff.
FAQs for School Families: Addressing the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As you know, the safety and well-being of our children, families, and staff is our top priority. We created this resource to address your questions and will update this list as more information becomes available.
What precautions are you taking in general?
We’re closely following guidance from the CDC and state and local health departments and taking extreme care to maintain a clean and healthy school environment. We are promoting cleanliness and good hygiene with the children and our staff – frequent hand washing and cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and items in our classrooms. Along with our detailed hygiene, cleaning and sanitation protocols, we conduct wellness checks throughout the day, so that if we detect any potential sign of illness we can respond appropriately. Children who show signs of any illness are sent home until they are symptom-free for at least 72 hours.
Will you stay open if there’s a confirmed diagnosis in the community?
Our goal is to maintain our regular schedule, with shortened hours, in our preschool as long as it is safe to do so. The safety and well-being of our children, families and staff is our top priority. We recognize that school closures strain families and communities – affecting learning, nutrition and other critical services such as healthcare. At this time we will remain open, continue to monitor the situation and cooperate with state and local officials.
What happens if someone at the school is diagnosed with COVID-19?
If a child or teacher at our school was diagnosed with COVID-19, we would follow guidance from the state and local health departments.
What if someone has a suspected case of COVID-19, but it hasn’t been confirmed?
Anyone with a suspected, or confirmed, case of COVID-19 cannot be admitted to our school until they’ve received medical clearance (have tested negative) And has been 10 days cleared.
What if my child doesn’t have symptoms, but a family member has been diagnosed with the coronavirus?
We are requiring that your child stay home from school for 14 days following the most recent exposure to any member of your household, or any other person in contact with your child, who has a confirmed case of COVID-19.
What about traveling outside of the US?
The health authorities have indicated that traveling abroad can increase risk of exposure. We’re following the CDC’s guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html. If you or anyone in your household has returned from or has plans to travel to highly impacted areas (CDC Level 3 areas), they must wait 14 days after returning to the U.S. before entering our school. The CDC Travel Advisory list is updated regularly. Please plan to check the CDC website for updated travel guidance before returning to school.
School districts are closing. Are you accepting children and their siblings from other childcare providers?
We will accept children from other Centers or Schools on a temporary basis as long as space permits. We will follow guidance from the health department. Anyone at the school (staff or child) who comes in contact with someone who has COVID-19 will be required to stay away from school for 14 days from the last date of contact with such person. The situation continues to evolve. In these extraordinary circumstances, our standard policies for enrolling children are being modified to be more selective based on local community needs and direction from state and local officials.
Save Time and the Hassle with monthly payments…….
We are pleased to announce we have initiated the Tuition Express Online Payment Processing Program!
If you have any questions please contact Amanda or Deanna.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS: 2021
- January 1st New Year’s TLCDC CLOSED
- January 1st-4th LISD CLOSED for Christmas Break
- January 13th LISD EARLY RELEASE 12:55
- January 18th Martin Luther King Day LISD CLOSED (If your child needs care, make sure to sign up)
- January 27th LISD EARLY RELEASE 12:55
- February 3rd LISD EARLY RELEASE 12:55
- February 12th Valentine Parties /Pizza Party
- February 15th Presidents’ Day LISD CLOSED (If your child needs care, make sure to sign up)
- February 24th LISD EARLY RELEASE 12:55
- March 3rd LISD EARLY RELEASE 12:55
- March 5th Summer Camp Sign Up! First Come First Served, Space is Limited!
- March 7th-26th Pennies for Patients
- March 10th LISD EARLY RELEASE 12:55
- March 15th-22nd Spring Break LISD Closed (if your child needs care, make sure to sign up)
- April 1st Supply Fee per child $50 due
- April 1st After school routes are being determined for the 2020-2021 school year. Please let the office know if you will need after school pick up!
- April 2nd Good Friday TLCDC CLOSED- LISD CLOSED
- April 5th TLCDC CLOSED- LISD OPEN for Bad Weather Make up Day-No after school pick up (Jan 11th)
- April 7th LISD EARLY RELEASE 12:55
- April 21st LISD EARLY RELEASE 12:55
- April 14th Spring Pictures (in the morning)
- April 28th LISD EARLY RELEASE 12:55
- May 3rd-7th Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 5th LISD EARLY RELEASE 12:55
- May 12th LISD EARLY RELEASE 12:55
- May 14th Preschool Graduation Day 10:30-Noon Grab a Tissue!
- May 19th LISD EARLY RELEASE 12:55
- May 20th Mandatory Summer Camp Meeting 5:00 pm
- May 27th Last Day of School 1/2 Day out at 11:40 am
- May 31st Memorial Day TLCDC CLOSED- LISD CLOSED
- June 1st First day of Summer Camp!
- July 5th Closed for Independence Day
- August 11th Last day of Summer Camp!
- August 12th LISD First Day of School (TENTATIVE)
- September 6th TLCDC Closed for Labor Day & LISD CLOSED
- TBD Fall Pictures!
- Oct 29th Pumpkin Parties! Bring your costume (Nothing Scary) and check for a sign up list for an item to bring to the party
- Nov 18th Thanksgiving Performance 5:30 pm in the Sanctuary (Helpers, Noah’s Ark, Samaritans, All-Stars) Tentative
- Nov 22nd-26th LISD CLOSED After School Please sign up if needing All Day Camp for one or both days (TENTATIVE)
- Nov 24th Open 8-Noon (Sack Lunch & PJ Day) Late fee$10/min/student
- Nov 25th-26th TLCDC CLOSED Thanksgiving
- Dec 17th Christmas Parties. Please make sure to check with your teacher for items to bring per class.
- Dec 20th-24th TLCDC CLOSED Christmas
- Dec 20th-Jan3 LISD CLOSED for Winter Break (TENTATIVE)
- Dec 31st TLCDC CLOSED New Year’s
FEES: Annual Registration fees are due in September. $75/Family for ALL families registered before June 1st (this includes the Summer Camp kids that are currently enrolled in the afterschool program)
Supply Fees are $50 per child Due April 1st, if your child enrolls after April 1st, You will have the Supply Fee added to your account on the first month of tuition due
Several Child Care Facilities have been hit for Breaking & Entering of Vehicles in Cedar Park. They are looking for Purses! Please DO NOT leave valuables in your car!! This includes your CHILDREN!!
Take this serious…We have been hit twice before!
Note to parents:
Tennis Shoes are a MUST Everyday!
Make sure your child has a water bottle here at the school in good condition. If you need to purchase a new one, please see the office staff.
After School children MUST bring a water bottle EVERYDAY washed and ready to use!
All parents should have received an email from Amanda Richardson regarding the Remind 101 System on Tuesday December 10th. If you have not received an email, please stop by the office to confirm your contact information.
If you would like to be on the Remind 101 System for notifications please follow the steps below. This process will only take about 30 seconds!
To Receive Text Messages:
- Text: @lilang
- TO: (832) 900-3278
- Don’t forget to respond with your Name!
To Receive Email Messages:
*You can leave the subject line blank.
*An email notification will arrive. Please verify your request with the response email!
As parents you are the most vital influence in your child’s life. We want to partner with you in seeing your child reach their full potential. Here you will find valuable resources and forms.
View the Parent Handbook
Questions about School Closures? Click Here
Download the Menu Here: