As we are working diligently to provide a safe, clean, healthy, and loving environment for your children, All Families and Staff MUST sign and return the Family Acknowledgement Form upon re-entry into the facility along with All Mandatory personal supplies to eliminate as much cross contamination as possible for your children. We thank you for your patience as this pandemic has caused concerns and uneasy feelings about the world around us right now. Hang in there and together we will get through this!
TLCDC is aware of and monitoring developments around the outbreak of a respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus. Based on current information,we are following all protocols placed on Licensed Child Care Facilities. TLCDC has new COVID policies that MUST be signed by all families upon return.
Here are some friendly reminders to help stay virus-free this season:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- If soap and water is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue then throw it away, or cough and sneeze into your upper shirt sleeve, completely covering your mouth and nose
- Wash your hands after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces, and objects such as toys and doorknobs
- Stay at home while you are sick.
- Call and inform the Campus Nurse of any confirmed virus diagnosis.
TLCDC follows the Texas Department of Health Guidelines for illness-related exclusions from school. A student will be sent home if they have a fever of 100.0 Fahrenheit or higher, or any other contagious symptoms (vomiting, diarrhea, etc.) and will need to remain home until symptom free for 72 hours, without the use of medications.
We are taking every precaution in order to continue serving our families. In order to stay open we MUST follow the newest guidelines given by HHSC & Governor Greg Abbott.
- All children must have a temperature check at the door before entry.
- No adults other than staff may enter the building.
- Anyone with cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or fever must be excluded.
- Pick up and Drop off children outside the Front Door with a staff member.
- If your child will not be attending, please let us know so we can plan accordingly.
TLCDC will continue to monitor and communicate with the Texas Health Department on any new information. As well as continue to update and work with our custodial services to maintain a clean learning environment for our students and staff.
FAQs for School Families: Addressing the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As you know, the safety and well-being of our children, families, and staff is our top priority. We created this resource to address your questions and will update this list as more information becomes available.
What precautions are you taking in general?
We’re closely following guidance from the CDC and state and local health departments and taking extreme care to maintain a clean and healthy school environment. We are promoting cleanliness and good hygiene with the children and our staff – frequent hand washing and cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and items in our classrooms. Along with our detailed hygiene, cleaning and sanitation protocols, we conduct wellness checks throughout the day, so that if we detect any potential sign of illness we can respond appropriately. Children who show signs of any illness are sent home until they are symptom-free for at least 72 hours.
Will you stay open if there’s a confirmed diagnosis in the community?
Our goal is to maintain our regular schedule, with shortened hours, in our preschool as long as it is safe to do so. The safety and well-being of our children, families and staff is our top priority. We recognize that school closures strain families and communities – affecting learning, nutrition and other critical services such as healthcare. At this time we will remain open, continue to monitor the situation and cooperate with state and local officials.
What happens if someone at the school is diagnosed with COVID-19?
If a child or teacher at our school was diagnosed with COVID-19, we would close immediately and follow guidance from the state and local health departments.
What if someone has a suspected case of COVID-19, but it hasn’t been confirmed?
Anyone with a suspected, or confirmed, case of COVID-19 cannot be admitted to our school until they’ve received medical clearance (have tested negative). And has been 10 days cleared.
What if my child doesn’t have symptoms, but a family member has been diagnosed with the coronavirus?
We are requiring that your child stay home from school for 14 days following the most recent exposure to any member of your household, or any other person in contact with your child, who has a confirmed case of COVID-19.
What about traveling outside of the US?
The health authorities have indicated that traveling abroad can increase risk of exposure. We’re following the CDC’s guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html. If you or anyone in your household has returned from or has plans to travel to highly impacted areas (CDC Level 3 areas), they must wait 14 days after returning to the U.S. before entering our school. The CDC Travel Advisory list is updated regularly. Please plan to check the CDC website for updated travel guidance before returning to school.
School districts are closing. Are you accepting children and their siblings from other childcare providers?
We will accept children from other Centers or Schools on a temporary basis as long as space permits. We will follow guidance from the health department. Anyone at the school (staff or child) who comes in contact with someone who has COVID-19 will be required to stay away from school for 14 days from the last date of contact with such person. The situation continues to evolve. In these extraordinary circumstances, our standard policies for enrolling children are being modified to be more selective based on local community needs and direction from state and local officials.
SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION IS FRIDAY MARCH 6TH AT 6:30 AM FULL-TIME SPACES AVAILABLE
We are pleased to announce we have initiated the Tuition Express Online Payment Processing Program!
If you have any questions please contact Amanda or Deanna.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS: 2020
- January 1st New Year’s TLCDC CLOSED
- January 1st-7th LISD CLOSED for Christmas Break
- January 21st Martin Luther King Day LISD CLOSED (If your child needs care, make sure to sign up)
- January 20th-Feb 7th Pennies for Patients
- February 14th Valentine Parties /Pizza Party
- February 17th Presidents’ Day LISD CLOSED (If your child needs care, make sure to sign up)
- March 6th Summer Camp Sign Up! First Come First Served, Space is Limited!
- March 16th-23rd Spring Break LISD Closed (if your child needs care, make sure to sign up)
- April 1st Supply Fee per child $50 due
- April 1st After school routes are being determined for the 2020-2021 school year. Please let the office know if you will need after school pick up!
- April 10th Good Friday TLCDC CLOSED- LISD CLOSED
- April 13th TLCDC CLOSED- LISD CLOSED
- May 4th-8th Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 15th Preschool Graduation Day 10:30-Noon Grab a Tissue!
- May 21st Mandatory Summer Camp Meeting 5:45 pm in Selena Center
- May 25th Memorial Day TLCDC CLOSED- LISD CLOSED
- May 29th Last Day of School
- June 1st First day of Summer Camp!
- July 3rd Closed for Independence Day
- August 12th Last day of Summer Camp!
- August 13th LISD First Day of School: Make sure your paperwork is in for after school pick ups!
- September 7th TLCDC Closed for Labor Day & LISD CLOSED
- Oct 30th Pumpkin Parties! Bring your costume (Nothing Scary) and check for a sign up list for an item to bring to the party
- Nov 21st Thanksgiving Performance 5:30 pm in the Sanctuary (Helpers, Noah’s Ark, Samaritans, All-Stars)
- Nov 23rd-25th LISD CLOSED After Schoolers Please sign up if needing All Day Camp for one or both days
- Nov 25th Open 8-Noon (Sack Lunch & PJ Day) Late fee$10/min/student
- Nov 26th-27th TLCDC CLOSED Thanksgiving
- Dec 21st-25th TLCDC CLOSED Christmas
- Dec 31st TLCDC Close at 3pm
- Jan 1st 2021 TLCDC CLOSED New Year’s
Supply Fees are $50 per child Due April 1st, if your child enrolls after April 1st, You will have the Supply Fee added to your account on the first month of tuition due
Several Child Care Facilities have been hit for Breaking & Entering of Vehicles in Cedar Park. They are looking for Purses! Please DO NOT leave valuables in your car!! This includes your CHILDREN!!
Take this serious…We have been hit twice before!
Note to parents:
Tennis Shoes are a MUST Everyday!
Make sure your child has a water bottle here at the school in good condition. If you need to purchase a new one, please see the office staff.
After School children MUST bring a water bottle EVERYDAY washed and ready to use!
Stretch-n-Grow is here every Thursday at 9:30 with Coach Carl. All TLCDC Children 18 mo and up has visited the program and loved it! Open Enrollment Now!
Amazing Athletes Now Enrolling!! Your child has participated and is ready to join! Ages 2-6 Monday 9:30 am with Coach Emilie!
All parents should have received an email from Amanda Richardson regarding the Remind 101 System on Tuesday December 10th. If you have not received an email, please stop by the office to confirm your contact information.
If you would like to be on the Remind 101 System for notifications please follow the steps below.This process will only take about 30 seconds!
To Receive Text Messages:
- Text: @lilang
- TO: (832) 900-3278
- Don’t forget to respond with your Name!
To Receive Email Messages:
*You can leave the subject line blank.
*An email notification will arrive. Please verify your request with the response email!
As parents you are the most vital influence in your child’s life. We want to partner with you in seeing your child reach their full potential. Here you will find valuable resources and forms.
View the 2013 Parent Handbook
Questions about School Closures? Click Here
Download the Menu Here: